Blake's language is exploding. He studies my mouth and tries to mimic the sounds of the letters I say. He does really well too. Not perfect, but he's 2. I'm grateful for my Speech Therapy education so I can understand what is normal and what he would need help for.
There are two words that no amount of modeling has been able to fix. They are suck in his mind a certain way, and who knows when he'll grow out of it. I used to get annoyed (that was the speech therapist side of me), but now I find it cute! It's just very... Blake!
The first word (and most common one, for now) is SNOW. He transposes the 'S' to the end. "Nows" (sounds like 'nose'). It doesn't matter what kind of way he is using it.
Blake: "It's nosing."
Me: "You mean SSSSSSSS-nowing?"
Blake: "SSSSSS -------- nosing."
Me: "Should we make a SSSSS-now man?"
Blake: "Yeah, nose man!"
The second word(s) I just noticed. BATH TUB. Again, he transposes the first letters, but with each other. "Tath Bub".
Blake (while stripping off his clothes): "Mom, tath bub?"
Me: "Sure. You can get in the BB-Bath TT-Tub"
Blake: "Cody, tath bub?"
I love the conversations we get in to. Also lately he's been telling me "Go shopping... Caleb?" We've never gone shopping with Caleb, so unless they play "shopping" in Nursery, I don't know where he got that idea. (Just 30 seconds ago he just asked "Go shopping Piano?")
I wonder what fun language developments will come next!
Payton used to just say "no" for snow but this year she actually says it, but now it's "snowman" when it's snowing not just snow :) and I think Bath Tub is just hard for them she says "Bat tub".
ReplyDeleteAbout the nursery question I tried to get Payton to tell me what they did the other week and her response was "uh nuting" so I have no idea:)
I Love that they are able to have conversations with us they are pretty funny anymore. I had a test at night a few weeks ago and got home and asked Payton if she had dinner she said "yesh" so then I asked what she had
Payton:"food"
me: "what kind of food?"
Payton: "it's all gone."