I hope I'm not the only one to feel this way. I both love and hate it when my kids are sick. And by sick, I don't mean runny nose or a cough. Only the type of sick that comes with a fever.
Boy, I feel bad just writing this, but it's true.
Blake is the kind of sick I love and hate.
HATE: The whining, the throw-up, being under quarantine, and I feel SUPER SUPER bad that he doesn't feel well. (I just got over food poisoning 2 weeks ago, so I can still remember how horrible your body feels with a fever.)
LOVE: Cuddles! Oh sweet cuddles! Blake doesn't slow down very often to sit quietly for a few minutes, let alone cuddle with me. But now that he's feeling so awful that's all he wants to do. And I'm soaking it all up.
Now I'm not so desperate as to purposefully get him sick (and honestly I can't figure out where he picked the bug up), but I'm glad I have had the day to snuggle with him. And catching up on the kids' movies I haven't seen yet isn't bad either!
(note to all concerned: I think he's on the mend. His fever was down to normal and he put up a fight when I put him down for a nap. By the time he wakes up, he'll probably be back to himself!)
We are so glad he is feeling better!
ReplyDeleteLOL
ReplyDeleteYeah man when Masaru's sick, it's the only time I get long snuggles. They're the best.
I hope he gets over it really soon.