Bleeding: Unavoidable, and luckily it'll be over soon.
Night sweats: This time I was prepared! and it's over.. I think.
Jiggly belly: Hopefully will disappear after I get cleared to exercise.... and figure out what to do that will make a difference. And maybe find some time to do it.
Nursing: So much better this time. And even though it's a bit of a pain that the boys know I can't discipline them while I'm nursing, I still really enjoy it and REALLY hope I can keep producing enough to continue longer than I did with the boys.
Night feedings: What night feedings?? She's already sleeping 7 hours a night (I take a little of the credit - Babywise parenting, but mostly Gwen's just amazing). I feed her between 10 and midnight and then again between 5 and 7. As long as I'm asleep within 30 minutes of her falling asleep I get a great chunk of ZZZZ's.
Hair falling out: It hasn't started yet, but I'm expecting it. And for my incredibly thick hair, I'm not too bothered by the natural thinning. It just means I don't have to pay a stylist to use those awesome scissors.
Stretch marks: I think I may have gotten a couple new ones and made a few old ones a little bigger. I gained the most weight with Gwen's pregnancy, but she's also been my biggest baby.
But the ONE thing I am having a tough time with is how dry my face is. It has happened after all 3 of the kids. My moisturizer does fine - for 10 minutes, then it's back to dry and flaky, but thankfully not itchy. I don't have $ to spend on the REALLY good stuff. I've heard of using olive oil or baby oil, but I guess since those are only stories from people I don't know I'm skeptical. And I can't ask them questions. How much, how often, before a shower, after a shower, before make up? I don't wash my face because I've found that I break out MORE when I do. Will the oil make me break out?
Am I the only one with this postpartum problem? After I had Blake I just thought it was because it was winter and the air is drier. After Cody, I made a vague connection with being postpartum, but then also thought that with it being summer, my face was just dry because it was hot. But this time I'm SURE.
I can't remember when it stopped being so terrible and my skin returned to normal. I hope it's soon. People understand and accept a pooch and I can ignore it a little longer.
But everyone looks at faces, and I look at my face. I want it to reflect the 'me' I feel like. Even when I'm not looking mirror it's still on my mind. I can feel it, and then I think that everyone's bothered by it as much as I am. So don't look to close.
And now I'm off to snuggle my precious girl! (and brood over when her baby acne is going to go away... but then decide it doesn't matter.... and then I'll try to get her to smile again!! 6 weeks old and already smiling!)
You're a tough mommy! You can handle anything! My family is really into the holistic stuff so I'll ask them what they would do for the dry skin thing. I'm only one week postpartum and it seems like I'm going through similar things but going through them at lightening speeds! I had a csection and I'm shocked that I'm able to fully function accept for not being about to pick up anything over 10lbs. How am I supposed to do that with a toddler!!!! Gosh!! Night sweats are getting annoying!! Ha ha! Still working on the day and night thing with Brielle. She had a really good night last night so hopefully that will continue. She's such a cuddle baby and loves to be held and snuggled tight!! So sweet. Love ya and miss you! Take care!!
ReplyDelete