Friday, September 30, 2011

General Conference Craft: T-shirt refashion

Sitting for 2 hours (4 times over 2 days) is tough.  Sitting for 2 hours while watching something not so riveting is really tough.  Sitting for 2 hours watching something that's not very riveting AND not falling asleep is SUPER REALLY tough.

I stay awake better when my hands are busy.  I like to crochet.  or do something else crafty.

I've included some sites that have tutorials for using old t-shirts and making awesome headbands, bracelets and necklaces.  I have PLENTY of t-shirts that don't fit anymore or I don't wear for some reason or another.  BUT I liked them so much that they've stayed in my closet (mostly for the colors).  And so this conference I've decided to re-purpose that fabric.


No sewing machine needed.  Just a needle and thread, or hot glue gun.

So get clicking and find a project to do for yourself!


For a headband tutorial click here

http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/06/repurposing-tshirts-into-5-strand-braided-headbands.html

For the necklace tutorial click here
http://melissaesplin.com/2010/03/t-shirt-refashion-jersey-necklace/

For Bracelet tutorial click here
http://raidsoforange.blogspot.com/2011/07/diy-t-shirt-bracelet.html

OR try this one here.

http://www.vanessachristenson.com/2011/03/v-and-co-how-to-jersey-knit-bracelet.html

I think I'm going to try to do all of them.  I don't know which one will me more my style.  And if I find one that I like a lot... I'll probably make some as Christmas gifts for my friends.

You'll probably see me wearing my new things soon!

Have a great (and AWAKE!) General Conference!




No comments:

Post a Comment