Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pulling hair... literally

I have been debating whether or not to chop my hair off.  I was thinking something like this.


I know two women that have a similar cuts and I really like how they look on them.  But I wasn't sure if I would LOVE it if I did the same.  So I waited to see if I would keep feeling drawn to it.

I hadn't felt that way again until this week.  No, it's not gotten any hotter here.

I need to back up a bit.  I think I was just bored with what I was doing with my long hair. It was the same-old SAME-OLD!  Ponytail, curly, bangs back or in front.  So I did a bit of searching and found some cute ways to style my hair.  I've especially been drawn to braids.



What I end up with doesn't look as nice as those, but I'm learning.  Gwen is learning too!
My little princess has learned that my hair is oh so much fun to pull.  Maybe she's been pulling my hair for a while, but because it was just down (curly or straight) or in a ponytail that I can redo likity-split, I just never noticed.

However, when I have taken the time to do (and re-do, and re-do, and re-do yet again) a braid, and she gets her little fingers inside the braid, it's super hard to get her to let go without ruining it.  What am I talking about... it's impossible for her to NOT ruin it.  She loves my hair.

I have thought of two solutions.

#1  Chop my hair
#2  Never hold Gwen if I've done my hair that day

Actually, both are out of the question.  I'm sure my heart would turn to stone if I couldn't cuddle with my cutie.  And my hair stylist is currently HAVING or has just HAD her baby and I am definitely not going to bug her for at least a month.  I've gone through it 3 times and after about a month I was ready to let myself tackle things outside of my child(ren).

I guess I'll have to find some nice, easy, but pretty updo's to do.


1 comment:

  1. I'll admit that's why I chopped mine off again and I'm loving it, so I would say go for it when you get a chance!:)

    ReplyDelete