I've been wanting to make Blake a quiet book that he can be entertained with during church. (I still don't expect it to keep him quiet, because... well it's Blake. He's a jabberbox!)
But it would keep his hands busy, and maybe prevent a tantrum or two.
Problem is..... I don't know where to start. There are so many possibilities, and I have so many limitations to my creativity. So I just haven't done anything.
Is there a pattern someone could lend me.... or better yet, help me make one? The company would be nice too. I don't know much at all about fabric, sewing, and what-not.
I'd like it to have snaps, buttons, zipper, laces. The fabric has got to be durable enough for my boys. And, if I'm going to make it myself, it also has to be cheaper than buying one online. (I'm not sure how much all the supplies would cost me, so it might not be the best route for me to go after all).
Your advice is always helpful and appreciated. Thanks!
My busy church book for Evalie consists of pictures of Jesus, coloring pages, stickers galore, and a stiff felt page with soft felt pieces I cut out to make shapes and faces. It was real cheap. I went to Michaels for the felt. Crayons at Walmart, coloring pages I print online, and Jesus pictures 14 pack for $3.99 at LDS book store. Stickers are cheap and are one of those random things I happen to have a lot of.
ReplyDeleteKierstin, I LOVE your new family picture!! Who took it? We would love to come for dinner on Thursday! Would 6:30 or 6:45 ish work for you guys?? I think Brandon has one home teaching appointment at 6pm... it is the Krehbiels and they live close to you guys... so if that is ok to do it then let me know. What can we bring?
ReplyDeleteI really really want to make one as well!! I know that Missy and Tessa both know some patterns for them I am pretty sure. So maybe you could ask one of them. You should let me know what the cost is. It would be fun to do a quiet book night every week sometime... just something to think about...
ReplyDeleteAnd Thursday will work for us for dinner... Brandon has to hometeach at 6 but maybe 6:30pm or 6:45pm... would that work?? Let me know.. thanks girl!! We are excited.