I'm Sorry I didn't call. I really, really, really tried! No joke, every time I picked up the phone to call, one of my kids needed a diaper change, needed to eat, or needed to be disciplined. (or needed comfort... Blake got his fingers smashed in a door at church pretty bad. Not enough to need a Doctor, but enough he cries when he accidentally uses them. Then he got poked in the eye, and his diaper rash is getting bad again... it's not quite bleeding yet, but probably will tomorrow. Poor kid.).
But now that they're in bed, (and you probably are too) I have some time to talk. But I wont wake you up. Instead I'll call you tomorrow, but I wanted to share with you what I would have told you today. (Mom, will you please make sure Dad reads this?)
I don't say Thank You enough. Especially to my parents. You, Dad, have taught me so many things that I've never expressed to you. There are so many things you have done that have shaped who I am today.
Like watching you fulfill your church callings without complaint; that taught me selfless service. -- When you made me drive the Go-Cart again after I'd crashed it... that taught me not to let fear control me; and when you rode with me you showed me love and patience. -- All the times I watched (and occasionally helped) you fix our cars or work on other projects around the house taught me the value of knowledge and self sufficiency. -- And through your relationship with your wife you taught me what to seek in a spouse of my own, how to compromise, work together, love, have fun. -- In all you have done and will do, you demonstrate your testimony; the greatest lessons I've learned have come from the sharing of your testimony through your words and deeds.
I have truly been blessed to have you as my father. Thank you! I love you!
Happy Fathers Day!
Awww... what a nice tribute! Hope Blake gets feeling better... that is a bummer that he got his fingers smashed. Poor kid!
ReplyDelete