Friday, June 12, 2009

May I borrow...some sanity?

I'm about ready to "pull out my hair" and "climb up a wall" and any other phrase that shares how fed up I am with Blake's tantrums, screaming, and overall defiance. I understand that this is a phase all toddlers go through, and as a parent an area that I need to learn how to manage. But understanding doesn't make it better.

And I'm out of ideas. I've done what I learned from my parents, and what Dustin learned from his. I've followed the example of our siblings as they parent their children. I've tried implementing the techniques I've observed my friends use with their toddlers.

Blake is just a different person, with different needs, who responds in a different way to different means of discipline.

However, he's always responded well to what I've read in the Babywise books.... but I didn't buy the Toddlerwise one before he got to that stage.

Does anyone have it? May I borrow it? I'm a really fast reader and can probably give it back in 3 or 4 days! Does the library have it? What about the U of I library?

I'm DESPERATE!

6 comments:

  1. Those are great books I highly recommend them! It is a toddler thing, but also remember he is going through big changes with the new baby too. He no longer gets all mommy's and daddy's attention and it takes a while for some kids to adjust to that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Janette Wood might have it. I'm not sure though. Run on over and ask. If not, try amazon.com they usually have cheap books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blake is probably acting out because of a new sibling! Just give him one on one attention. Put the baby to bed and just read to him or do whatever he likes. I bet he just needs a lot of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kierstin, I just LOVE your new background!! I do not have much advice to offer (sorry)... but I hope you can find that book. I bet the library has it and their website is pretty user friendly... Wait, I think I found it. Try this: http://uidaho.worldcat.org/search?qt=wc_org_uidaho&q=Toddlerwise&scope=4&wcsbtn2w=Search&oldscope=0
    or what about the public library.. have you tried there? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kierstin!! How are you? It has been so long since I have talked to you. You have 2 beautiful boys. I didn't know you had a blog until I checked my followers. Congrats one your newest addition. Aren't tantrums fun? I hate them so much. Zoey has been going through HUGE blowouts and is very stubborn which she gets from her dad. We are struggling with her. Plus she has started to hit and kick when she doesn't get her way. She just turned 3 and 3's are the worst yet. They say it's the terrible 2's, but I have to disagree. She has been worse since she has gotten closer and now is 3. Hopefully you will find a way to understand him better. I know I don't get my child right now. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you ever watched SuperNanny? She also has some great books. Good luck, your amazing...I'm scared for when my second comes.

    ReplyDelete