About three weeks ago I was in the hospital for some monitoring. After I was released Dustin and I went to pick Blake up from Grandma and Grandpa's house. While we were there Dustin and his father gave me a Priesthood blesssing. Blake sat on Grandma's lap reverently the whole time. It was a wonderful blessing and everything with the pregnancy since then has gone well.
A few days after that blessing I was sitting on the floor in front of the couch. Blake climbed onto the couch behind me, put his hands on my head, mumbled for a bit, said "Amen" and got down to play some more.
I thought "Did he just do what I think he did?"
A few days later it happened again. And then again a few days after that.
I am so grateful for my husband, immediate and extended male family, and also friends that hold the sacred power of God. It is a great comfort to know that I can receive a blessing at any time of need. It is also wonderful that I have so many men in my life that can teach my sons by their righteous example.
I doubt Blake really understands what he's doing, but I'm positive he understands the peace that filled the room that Sunday evening three weeks ago.
That is such a cool story... and really cute that Blake keeps trying to give you blessings... you are definitely right, he definitely felt the spirit that Sunday. Isn't it so wonderful how innocent children are and how close they must be to our Heavenly Father?!
ReplyDeleteHow precious, what a testimony builder. I'm so excited to have a boy for that reason.
ReplyDelete