No more bedrest!! There is a slight chance that circumstances will change, but the tests show everything is good.
It's kinda a long story but here's the super short version.
Friday: Had more contractions than my doc. wanted, but didn't call because they went away.
Saturday: Same story, but the worry of the possibility that the baby was being stressed made me decide that if I had too many contractions on Sunday then I would call.
Sunday: After tracking them they were too close together again, so I called, and went to the Hospital for monitoring. Everything was fine with baby, tried to control the contractions with some meds, but they didn't work very well, so I got a different med, and was sent home after 5 hours.
Monday: Bedrest all day with meds to see what would happen, and orders to go into see Doc. the next day for check up.
Tuesday: Contractions came back (not as bad) because Doc told me not to take them so we could measure the difference in Sunday experience, Monday experience, and Tuesday morning experience. Did a few tests and lab results show that I have a high probability of NOT having the baby for a couple weeks even with the contractions.
So Final Verdict: No bedrest needed, but if the contractions get intense (and are pretty close) I should take the med. and call the Doc. and lay down/take it easy for a while.
I've been given 2 due dates, that are 2 weeks apart. The first one I was given would put me at 36.5 weeks (almost "full term"). The second one (the one that they've gone with) puts me at 34.5 weeks.
So even if my "real" due date falls inbetween the two, I'm close to the "full term" line. My Doc. and I both agree that I should do what it takes to keep him in as long as possible. But unless any other tests show that baby isn't ready then we have the go-ahead to have the baby whenever it naturally happens.
Like I said it's a long story, and one that isn't easily explained.
But it's all good!! Everything is going "back to normal." For now. This experience has taught me that during pregnancy ANYTHING can happen, and from no fault of your own too. So I'm not going to be surprised if things change suddenly. I'll just handle one day at a time.
Thank you everyone that has been concerned and supportive.
Kierstin, you have such a positive attitude and I am glad things are looking up for you. It is so true that anything can happen. We just have to do our best and everything will work out. I know it can be hard though... I am so impatient and I cannot imagine being on bedrest. I am proud of you girl!!
ReplyDeleteHey you let me know if you ever need us to take Blake for you I know you have family in town and all, but still if you ever need us we are around!
ReplyDeleteRoxy