Monday, March 30, 2009

It's serious, but I'm pretending it's not, so I don't freak out.

Wow, that's a long title. But it perfectly describes how I feel.
Apparently I started to have some Preterm Labor.
But I'm pretending I just have something contagious and will be better in a week.
My doc put me on strict bedrest after the meds they gave me at the Hospital didn't work very well at stopping the contractions.
But if I start thinking about all the bad things that could happen to me and the baby, then I'll probably fall apart, and that's not going to be good for anyone.
Especially my wonderful husband. Oh my goodness, I love him so much I could cry! He has 4 tests this week and now has to take care of me and Blake too.
We are so glad to have lots of friends and family that are willing to do anything they can to help us.
I have an appointment tomorrow to see what's going on after the 24 hours of bedrest.
I'll post another update when I know more then.

Thank you for all your prayers and support.

P.S. - if anyone has been on bedrest before, what did you do to pass away the time. Blake's being watched, and I've run out of things I've been wanting to do for myself.... and I've only been awake for 3 hours.

8 comments:

  1. Hey darlin, I haven't been on bedrest ever, but a few friends of mine have and they love to watch all the chic flicks their husbands hate to watch to pass the time away. Love ya tons kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on bedrest last week and it was hard! I read a book and slept. I also watched movies, got caught up on my journal, read lots of magazines. Oh and did a lot of blogstalking :) Good luck! Your in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kierstin,
    I hope you're feeling okay today. I know how hard it is, having something wrong, and not know why. Your mind just kinda races. I called Dustin last night to see if you needed anything. I am the compassionate service leader for the ward and I just want to make sure things are taken care of for you at this time.
    Chartiy Fusselman was on bedrest for several months. She did so much while she rested! Seriously, she tried so many new things and people brought her all sorts of stuff to do. If you have to be on bedrest for while, don't worry, we'll help you pass the time!
    much love, K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know if you need anything...I am just next door!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck, I'm sorry about the bed rest. I hope it's only temporary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to read. Do you have a any good books? You are in our prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kiersten, I don't know you, but I graduated with Dustin from highschool. I spent 12 days on bedrest up at Deaconess a year ago for preterm labor. I know how you are feeling. Bedrest is lousy. I watched a lot of movies; especially trilogies. That seemed to help the time pass and take advantage of naps because soon you won't have time for those either. My work mates sent me up a cross stitch blanket for my baby, which was a good way to pass the time, if you are interested in stuff like that. Good luck, Jaina.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey-
    It's Chelsie Boyle. I can't believe you got put on bed rest. I am so sorry. Hopefully things will work out though. How far along are you again? I was in a bad car accident and was in a hospital bed in my home for three months. I learned to crochet, and I made fun crafts. I also just had tons of visitors to pass the time away. Please feel free to call me because I would love to come over and visit you to pass away the time. I know exactly how you are feeling. Good luck with everything and I will keep you in my prayers/

    ReplyDelete