Friday, March 6, 2009

Week 31

Here you go. Enjoy it. It's probably the only pregnancy picture I'm going to ever post... and for the simple reason that I'm usually the one behind the camera. I don't have any issues with body image or anything. It's just that I forget too often that my child might want to see this stage of his life. I think I only have 2 or 3 pictures of me before Blake was born too. (and I think those were taken a few days before going to the hospital)

Here's the basics on how this pregnancy has/is going.
  • Very minimal nausea in the beginning, thanks to Unisom. (Take one at night, it helps you to fall asleep AND prevents nausea in the morning!! Glorious pill!!) I originally asked my Doc about it because I have Insomnia and can't take my normal sleep aid in the first trimester. My Doc says he prescribes/suggests it to his OB patients more for the nausea than he does for the sleep aspect, so I got lucky that it does both!
  • I've gained 11 lbs and apparently that's OK with the Doc. I swear (and Dustin can attest to it) I've not been denying myself from my cravings. Most of my cravings have been for something sweet and it usually means I make cookie dough and eat the batch in a week or so. Also ice cream... lots of Chocolate ice cream. But I have been eating healthily too. In fact, I haven't had room for a regular sized meal for a while, so I usually eat 6-8 small meals a day. And most are healthy.
  • No Gestational Diabetes, but I am slightly Anemic so I'm taking an Iron supplement.
  • His name is "Baby Boy." Just kidding, we still haven't decided on a name. I haven't found one that gives me the "that's IT" feeling that I had with Blake. (Blake was also the only name we could agree on, so we lucked out). But this one is tough.... I'm apparently pretty opinionated when it comes to names. I admit, I have some "rules" (for lack of a better term coming to mind) that are hard to explain.
  • He's growing right on schedule, and I believe will be an active boy, like his older brother. If any of you know how busy Blake is, you'll understand why I'm letting out a big sigh right now. But it's probably a good thing too... they'll keep each other entertained and give me the exercise I wouldn't get otherwise because I don't have the motivation to do it on my own.
  • So now I'm in the single digit weeks countdown. May is going to be a BUSY month. Baby is due the week before finals, so if he's late I'll just have to "cross my legs" and wait until the end of the week. But then there's Graduation, and Steven's mission farewell in Camas. In the end, I guess I'd be OK if he came a few days early.
  • I've already been having contractions, mostly just the practice ones "Braxton-Hicks." They aren't painful (compared to the real ones) but they are EXTREMELY annoying when you're busy with an 18 month old. And since I don't have any of the signs for Pre-term labor I'm not worried I'll be put on bed rest. (but I can hope for labor to begin a few days before the due date)
Well, I'm tired... and since I've added 4 posts tonight I'm calling it quits for now. Night*

3 comments:

  1. Love the photos. Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm hoping for an early delivery as well. We'd love to see that baby at graduation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you look so adorable pregnant! I still can't believe you are # 2. I wish you tons of luck and hope all is great for you. Love Kathryn Yearsley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't believe you will be having your baby soon. It seems like just yesterday that Dustin told us that you were pregnant! I hope he does come a few days early for you though. Let us know if we can help with anything!!

    ReplyDelete